Building on the 6 principles of Joseph Pilates:
Concentration • Control • Centering • Flowing movement • Precision • Breathing
Studio Anna Mora works on developing a strong “core,” or center of the body. The core consists of the deep abdominal muscles along with the muscles closest to the spine. Pilates exercises develop core control through many exciting combinations, using mat and equipment.
Choosing the right lesson for you
The advice for everyone is to start with a series of private sessions before joining a group class.
Starting with private lessons:
- Never done Pilates before.
- Chronic injuries that limit your mobility, coordination or range of motion.
- Pain when performing daily activities.
Starting with group lessons:
- Familiar with the Pilates method, Gyrotonics/Gyrokinesis, Feldenkrais etc.
- In good general health condition.
- Some kind of movement background, enthusiastic about physical activity.
Go to our individual sections to learn more.
More information about Pilates method: